Yorkshire Rabbit Golf Association
Fowler Trophy Rules
1. All players in the YRGA competitions must be a Rabbit Golfer as defined in the YRGA Constitution and Rules.
2. All players must have a Competition Handicap certificate and it is the responsibility of all players to produce evidence of their handicap.
Note: The handicap certificate must be dated no earlier than 28 days prior to the competition.
Electronic displays (the YRGA will not provide or facilitate for this) are acceptable at the players risk
3. The use of Artificial Aids (Distant Finders) is allowed under the Rules of Golf 4.3a(1) unless there is a local rule in place forbidding such use. This must be confirmed before playing
4. Competitions will be played according to the Rules of Golf as amended by the local rules applicable to the course where the competition is being played
5. The use of ride on buggies is permitted under the Rules of Golf provided that the person(s) using them produce a signed doctor’s certificate confirming the need of such a buggy.
1. This is a CLUB knockout foursomes tournament played off scratch over 18 holes with the final being played over 18 holes. The matches will be played from the gentlemen’s forward tees unless the home club committee has a local ruling that states that some other tees must be used.
2. Each member Rabbit Section may enter two teams, one of which will play in Section A and the other in Section B. Each team shall comprise two players, one each from handicap division 16–20 and 21-54. "Competition" Handicap certificates shall be exchanged prior to each match tee- ing off.
3. The Grand Final shall be played between the winners of Section A and Section B.
4. A draw shall be made and a copy shall be forwarded to every member Rabbit Section having an interest. Matches in the preliminary round will be played on the course of the club drawn first and there after in accordance with the markings on the draw sheet which shall have been prepared before making the draw
5. In the event of a tie in any match the players will continue until one team gains the advantage of one hole
6. A team may be changed to suit circumstances of player’s availability or handicap changes. Any player however may only play in either Section A or Section B but not in both.
7. It is the responsibility of the member sections to arrange their matches by the specified dates except in case of Section Semi-Finals, Section Finals and the Grand Final. These matches shall be played on neutral courses on dates to be arranged by the Honorary Fowler Secretary
8. The result of each match must be passed to the Honorary Fowler Secretary by the winning team by the Tuesday morning following the closing date given on the draw sheet for that round. Failure to do so will result in that team being disqualified.
9. The member Rabbit Section represented by the winning team will be awarded the Fowler Trophy which they will retain for a year. In addition each member Rabbit Section represented by the overall winners and runners up and runners up of each section will receive a trophy for their permanent retention.
10. No player may take part in the third or subsequent rounds unless he has submitted at least two qualifying competition cards during the three months prior to the relevant match. Handicap certificates must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the competition.
The referee for the section finals and the overall final will require current official handicap certificates and his decision is final
11. Any disputes should be referred to the Honorary Fowler Secretary in writing for consideration and his decision is final.